Country Living Fair

28 Oct

On Saturday, I was able to meet up with a group of DIY bloggers from the Atlanta area.  We met with some other members of Hometalk  and Ben Ashby, the editor in chief of Folk magazine, to attend the Country Living Fair at Stone Mountain Park.  It was a blast!  I loved meeting so many writers of blogs I have been following.

Thank you to Beth at Unskinny Boppy for this group shot!

My friend, Erin, and I had a blast talking with these other bloggers and walking all through the woods to see the amazing vendor booths.

I have been to a lot of art festivals, but I think this is my new favorite one!  I loved how the booths were throughout the woods, and they were not right on top of each other in a small 8×8 space.  They were able to spread out.  This left room for more mingling and better viewing, without feeling cramped and rushed (as a lot of crowed art shows feel).

Here are a few things that caught my attention:

I loved those sweet bird pillows and ottoman.  The balance of complimentary colors and prints just pop!  Color always draws my attention…

Erin and I decided my sense of home decor might be considered Bohemian.  It is kind of the “hippie” or “gypsy” at heart look.  There is LOTS of color and mixtures of different art, textures, and vintage with unusual objects in the Bohemian style.  I think that describes my house in a lot of ways.

I kept being wowed by the extravagant ways that the vendors displayed their art.  It was really impressive and an art in itself!

Our blogger group got a private demonstration from Rust-oleum on their new paint for tiles.

It was so fun learning about this new paint and getting to try it out!

It really looked great, and I am pretty sure we are going to try it in our bathroom on our tile half wall!  What a quick and cheaper way to cover up the 50′s style tile work in there!

Rust-oleum gave us each a pretty amazing swag bag!  I was so excited!  I can’t wait to use this weathered gray stain I received!  Thank you so much Rust-oleum!

Other than my free stuff and lunch purchase, I don’t know how I only left with this sweet little purchase…

There is nothing like local Georgia honey!

I had such a great time at the Country Living Fair.  I think it will be a new annual tradition to attend.  I can’t wait to go again next year!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Have you ever been to this great fair?

*I was not commissioned to write this post nor was I compensated by Rust-oleum or anyone associated with this event.

12 Responses to “Country Living Fair”

1. Erin @ DIY On the Cheap October 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

I had so much fun! Thanks for coming with me!

2. Karen @ Dogs Don't Eat Pizza October 28, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

I had so much fun! It was great having lunch and hanging out with you.

3. Betsy(@coastal-colors) October 28, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

It was so nice to meet you, Erica! Your pictures are great I see so much inspiration! I look forward to seeing you soon.

4. Olivia Sing October 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

That looks so awesome!!!

5. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality October 29, 2012 at 7:37 am #

Nice to meet you too, didn’t have time to really get to talk and hang around all of you girls, but hopefully we’ll do more ATL meetups and we can all visit more. Loved the fair too & you did a great recap of how awesome it was! What a beautiful fall day we had.

6. Heidi Milton (@heidimilton) October 30, 2012 at 5:59 am #

Erica!!! What a fun weekend!! I was in Auburn with my parents otherwise I totally would have been there… love all the pics. I’ll catch you next year for sure. :)
    xo Heidi

7. ericadeuel October 31, 2012 at 7:03 am #

Sounds great Heidi!!! I’m already looking forward to it!

8. ericadeuel October 31, 2012 at 7:05 am #

Thank you so much Rhoda!! I’d love to do more meet ups! I’M still envious of your Ballards chandelier you found for $8 on one of these meet ups!! Amazing find!!

9. ericadeuel October 31, 2012 at 7:05 am #

Thank you!! Move back here or at least put it on your calendar to attend with me next year!!

10. ericadeuel October 31, 2012 at 7:06 am #

Thank you Betsy!! I do too!!

11. ericadeuel October 31, 2012 at 7:07 am #

I loved meeting you Karen and having lunch together too!! I am SO excited about your thankful series coming up! I’m still trying to decide if I can do it!

12. ericadeuel October 31, 2012 at 7:07 am #

Anytime friend!! Thank you for taking me!!!